With the number of speakers out right now, it can be assumed that there is a wide array of topics that they offer to businesses and companies who are interested in enlisting their services for their corporate events. Given proper analysis of business trends in the market, speakers anticipate these trends and develop programs and speeches designed to address particular issues and problems that any given company might have.
These trends have created a pattern in the rosters that keynote speaker advertise on their websites. These niches would be a good start for research for any beginner in the business of keynote speaking.
1. Management Strategies – Almost every speaker found on the internet today boasts of a comprehensive management program aimed at making people better leaders. These programs include management strategies, interpersonal communication skills, management style trends and as well as organizational models that are supposed to improve the way participants handle their people.
2. Sales – The core desire of any business or company is to turn in profit. It is guaranteed that any keynote speaker has a sales module that is designed to help people acquire sales skills or improve the ones that they already have. These modules may contain buying trends and marketing statistics as well as communication styles that would prove useful to plenty of companies that seek to increase their revenue by developing the skills of their sales force.
3. Motivation – This is a very popular area for most keynote speakers. This is because these programs are the most enjoyable and the easiest to work with due to the positive nature of the topic. Empowering people is usually a viral phenomenon especially if the speaker is well-known within this niche. These programs get the best responses from the audience which results in a more productive workforce during the immediate days after the speech. It can be said that almost every keynote speaker will have a module or two dedicated to inspiring and motivating others. These modules mostly consist of inspiring stories and activities that are tailor-made to get people to take a different perspective on their personal lives and make a conscious effort towards becoming better people.
4. Marketing – This topic is closely tied to sales. Plenty of speakers host a variety of marketing topics that are aimed at enabling companies to reach out to more audiences or target markets. These programs usually have networking schemes, communication models and marketing strategies which are designed to help companies expand their reach. These modules are usually updated with new trends every now and then especially when new strategies are noticed in the market. Plenty of companies would certainly be interested in an outsider’s perspective on the market. This is why these topics are common in their rosters.
5. Communication – The presence and popularity of these programs stem from the natural talent of these speakers when it comes to talking. The nature of their job demands them to be good at speaking; which makes them very reliable sources of programs and modules designed to help people who want to improve their communication skills as well. These modules may contain grammar reviews, vocabulary expansion sets and sometimes even Basic English lessons that most non-English speaking countries would benefit from.
It can be said that these areas of specialization are trending in the market as of today due to the fact that most successful keynote speakers were businessmen to begin with. Their roots and experiences have led them to develop and specialize in the skills that they already have; which is why they share them through their programs and speeches. But just like market weather and customer buying attitudes, this trend in topics is also subject to change depending on the market.